Ascot Polo Equipment is available in a complete set or as single components.
The Rules of Polo
1. Each Polo Side has four players. Umpires wear stripes to be identified.
2. A polo match is broken down into seven and a half minute time periods called Chukkas.
3. The team changes end after they score a goal.
4. The Polo players change their ponies at the end of a chukka, they can sometimes changing them sooner this is to ensure the horses welfare and maintain the speed of the match.
5. A regular match lasts for four Chukkas (30 minutes). Higher level matches can be six or eight Chukkas in length.
6. In a similar way to golf players are handicapped according to their skill level. From -2 for beginners up to 10 goals
7. Players must ensure they follow the line of the ball. Failure to do so by crossing the ball results in a foul and a penalty being played
8. Polo is a contact sport and players can hook the mallet of their opponent to prevent them making a shot.
9. Players can tackle their opponents, as long as they are shoulder to shoulder to push the opponent away from the line of play.